After the somewhat exhausting task of completing The Itinerary, the days before and after the hike need to be detailed, as unlike our Lawson to Goulburn hike, we're not just walking out our back door and then walking for a couple of weeks.
- Travelling from home to South Australia
- Including a stop-over along the way
- The Food Drops starting from Angorichina Tourist Village (most Northern) and heading South
- Dropping our clean clothes in Cape Jervis (about as South as we can get in the car)
- Travel back to Adelaide
- Accommodation overnight
- Bus travel up to start the hike
- Rest & Recreation days in Cape Jervis (or maybe more to the point: cleaning and showing days)
- Travel to Adelaide to collect our car
- The Rubbish Run to collect Buckets from the bush and discarded items at accommodation.
- Final dinner with Adelaide friends
- Travel home
Funnily enough I use a method similar to Our Itinerary Process, except it relies on time / distances from online search:
- Construct a route for the day
- Add appropriate stops
- Copy times to the Spreadsheet
- Copy a link to the map to the Spreadsheet
- …wash and repeat.
After the Travel (hours) is put in, a 'Break' time is calculated which then calculates the estimated Arrival Time. The Duration is manually added, unless it's an overnight stop which uses a calculation to add the appropriate number of hours for the following day's getaway time, which becomes the Departure Time.
The other columns are manually added and are used on other Sheets / Processes (such as the Accommodation Request Mail Merge).
Next TaskFood Drop Labels
where I'll create the labels that we'll put on our packages and buckets.
The Friends of The Heysen Trail have a huge amount of resources available, which we have obviously availed ourselves of quite liberally. I'll be updating this as required…