Version 9.04 sees another re-route and significant tweaking of the spreadsheet…
Itinerary / Spreadsheet
- Pre-Hike / Post-Hike Adjustments
- Freeze Dried Food issues: Converted Backcountry to Campers Pantry
- New Purchases Sheet: Track Shopping List purchases.
- Emergency Provisions: small bag of 'extras' each Food Drop if needed.
- Recalculation: Toilet Paper #2: last toss of the die to get this right
- Crystal Creek Re-Route: Added about 4 km to the day into Crystal Creek Caravan Park
- New boots for Sandi and me
- Started cleaning / checking gear
- Redid Toilet paper recalculation, after testing on Mt Solitary loop
Food / Food Drops
- Finished Supplies Purchasing
- Keto Bars: Longevity Test: Checked on Mt Solitary loop and baked & packaged Homemade Keto Bars
- Food Drop Labels: Printed and laminated
- Finalised Where are we now? landing page.
- Time spent: 305 hr
We're doing our best not to think about the insanity of the ongoing CoVID-19 lockdowns, and putting our trust in St Joseph, who perfectly protected the Holy Family in their escape to, and return from, Egypt. He is, after all, the patron of this hike.
Another re-route, this time into Crystal Springs. Reading between the lines, it seems some idiots damaged private property (fences) along the Trail so either the landowners have had enough, or it's closed for maintenance… I'm unsure.